This is a full printed parts kit only for up to 4 print heads for use on the Hypercube, Hypercube Evolution and Core XY printers. The number of print head docking positions available on your printer depends on the print volume dimensions. Generally a standard 300x300x300 print volume will support 3 tool change docking stations. If you wish to increase qty of print heads frame dimensions should also be enlarged to accommodate along the X Axis. In addition you should be able to run additional print heads via your printers controller card.
This is a printed parts kit that receives E3D V6 hot ends originals or clones in a bowden configuration. Each hot end will require it’s own stepper and bowden configuration as Each print head will have it’s own hot end, heat sink cooling fan, thermister and be docked when switching and picking up another print head. The X Carriage will remain mounted to the X Axis 8mm Rods and contain the Parts cooling radial fan, limit switch and the parts cooling fan ducting along with A BLTouch Z probe if you intend to use auto bed leveling. Other Z Probe Options can be used however This kit only comes with the mount for a BLTouch at this time.
Each extruder assembly makes it’s connection to the X carriage when docking by the use of 4 Neodymium magnets and 4 Indexing Bolt heads for a secure connection.
Tool positioning “Docking and retrieval” when a filament change is required is controlled by simple tool change script added to your slicers gcode that contain each docking stations coordinates and are activated during a multi color print or required filament change at the time dynamically. Print tools are often identified as tool0, tool1, tool2 etc and are called upon each time they are required during a print job.
Additional Parts required for assembly that are not included.
- Magnets 2 for X Carriage and 2 additional for each hot end [LINK]
- M3x6mm 4 each for Docking indexing
- M3x10mm socket head bolts for general assembly and carriage/hot end indexing
- M3x30mm Socket head Bolts 2 for each docking platform
- M3 Nuts 2 for each docking platform
- T-Nuts 1 M6 for each docking platform [LINK]
- M6x10mm Button Head Hex bolt 1 for each docking platform [LINK]
- E3D V6 Hot End Original or Clone for each extruder you intend to use
- 1 Stepper Motor for each bowden extruder you intend to drive
- 1 5015 Radial Fan for Parts cooling
- 1 30mm Heat Sink cooling fan for each extruder you intend to use
- 1 Bltouch Z Probe if you choose to incorporate Bed Leveling [LINK]
- 2 LM8LUU Linear bearings for X Carriage [LINK]
A short video during development illustrating repeatability testing.